HAYWARD DUI ATTORNEY
HAYWARD DUI ATTORNEY INFORMATION:
We have created this page to provide information on anyone that has been arrested for a Hayward DUI. In the city of Hayward you can be arrested for a DUI case by three police agencies: 1) The Hayward Police Department 2) The Alameda County Sheriff 3) The CHP. If either of these agencies stopped and arrested you for a Hayward DUI, here is some information to help you navigate the case:
- The case will be heard out of the Hayward Hall of Justice located at 24405 Amador St. 94554. The arraignment will usually be held in Department 521 located on the third floor. Court starts at 9:00 a.m. promptly so make sure that you give yourself enough time to deal with traffic on the way and with the metal detector line once you arrive (the metal detector line can sometimes hold you up for 30 minutes or more).
- Once in the courtroom the Judge will call your case in no particular order so make sure that you have made arrangements to have the whole morning off. When your case is called, you will be asked if you would like to plead guilty, not guilty or no contest. One should almost always - there are times when you may want to plead guilty at arraignment but this should only be done with the advice of an Attorney - plead not guilty and give yourself an opportunity to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of any Hayward DUI case.
- Once the case is in progress you will be asked to appear in Department 501 in the first floor. It is in this department that all the negotiations with the Prosecutor take place. If the case can be resolved it will be resolved there, if it cannot be, it will be sent to Department 513 for trial.
- During the whole process of a Hayward DUI case you can request the assistance of a Public Defender. If you cannot afford an Attorney and qualify, one will be given to you. If however you are looking for a competent qualified and affordable Hayward DUI Lawyer/Attorney to handle the case then your search is over.
A DUI case in Hayward should not be taken lightly. There are a lot of consequences that arise from a conviction of such an offense. Insurance rates will be affected, license suspensions will happen, classes must be taken and a criminal record will go on your file.
***VERY IMPORTANT IF YOU HAVE BEEN ARRESTED FOR A DUI IN HAYWARD YOU MUST CONTACT THE DRIVER SAFETY OFFICE IN OAKLAND TO SCHEDULE A HEARING WITHIN 10 DAYS OF YOUR ARREST! FEEL FREE TO CALL OUR OFFICE AND WE WILL BE HAPPY TO DO SO WITHOUT ANY OBLIGATION!
Below are a few links to help get information on you Hayward DUI case:
- Alameda County Superior Court website
- Court calendar, check to see if your case is being heard today
- Alameda County Sheriff's work program information
- Hayward Police Department
- Alameda County Probation Department
- For Hayward DUI classes
We hope this gives you some useful information about a DUI case in Hayward. If you are looking for a Hayward DUI Attorney/Lawyer we can help. We have the knowledge, expertise and resources to handle your case both in Court and at the DMV. Call or e-mail us today for a free consultation,will take you directly to one of our two Attorneys, not a secretary or a law clerk. We have handled many Hayward DUI cases and have done so to the satisfaction of everyone of our clients.